£350 grant available
Chargers for all car types
Installed cost from £600
Optimise on site solar
All you need to know about EV chargers
- Charge your car in 5-6 hours with a 32A / 7kW chargepoint.
- Chargers available from zappi, EVBox, EO, Rolec,.
- If you have solar PV, we recommend zappi for optimising on site usage.
- Smart chargers can be installed from £600 .
The Office for Low Emission Vehicles (OLEV) is currently offering a grant to homeowners of up to 75% of the cost of an installed smart chargepoint, up to a maximum of £350 per eligible vehicle. The scheme will run until the funds are used up.
Why CC Solar?
- CC Solar are OLEV Homecharge approved installers, enabling us to claim the £350 OLEV grant on your behalf.
- The electric vehicle market is changing all the time – we have specialists in our technical department, dedicated to staying up to date.
- We provide fully integrated solutions – we can optimise battery storage, solar and EV charging to work together, relevant if you need to boost your grid connection to fast charge your car.
- All projects are managed in house and installed by our installers.
Areas we cover
For servicing and EV charging, we work within a 25 mile radius of Littlehampton BN17 6QS
Call us on 01903 734817 to discuss your project, or send in your plans for a free quotation.
What does a charge point include?
The list of inclusions depends on the charger (see table), but here are the main components:
- Built in Type A RCBO (overload and fault protection).
- Built in IEC 61851-1 communication unit.
- Built in electrical contactor.
- Tethered charging lead or charging socket (you choose).
- LED status indicator.
- Automatic data management system (if included with charger).
What does a standard installation include?
Prior to installation, we ask our customers to complete our self-survey form to help us provide a fixed price for the installation. We install our chargepoints to according to the IET code of practise and do not cut corners for the sake of cost.
A typical OLEV subsidised installation will cost the homeowner £650 inc VAT which would include the following:
- the chosen chargepoint;
- a 10m cable run from charge point to the consumer unit;
- a non-RCD protected way on the consumer unit, for connection of the charge point circuit;
- surface mounting of cable – i.e. no conduit or chasing;
- the chargepoint must be fixed to the main property and able to utilise the property’s earthing arrangement;
- property’s earthing arrangement must meet current regulations – we are required to check this by law (upgrades will usually cost extra);
- no ground works;
- the homeowner must comply with all current OLEV Domestic Scheme T&Cs;
- price applies within our installation area.
What would cause the price to vary?
The price for charge point installation will vary if the above criteria are not met. We charge the additional work at cost:
- cable runs exceeding 10 metres;
- a mini consumer unit c/w overload and fault current protection is required, as there is not sufficient space on the existing board or the main board is RCD protected;
- any additional mechanical protection required for the cabling, i.e. trunking, conduit, etc (not required under regulations);
- any cable chasing requested by the homeowner;
- any ground works requested by the homeowner;
- the necessity to introduce an alternative earthing system, i.e. an electrode/inspection chamber;
- the necessity to install a high gain antenna in the case of poor GPRS signal.
How do I get an accurate idea of price?
We would be happy to arrange a survey of your property, or can give you advice on the chargers that we offer.